8.30.2011

Tipsy on Tuesday

Tipsy on Tuesday is a weekly recurring post that features tips that might just make your life a little easier.


      Today's Tips
  • Rubbing cornstarch on a knot will help to loosen it.  Really? Are you as amazed as I am?  I will definitely be using this tip on those crazy shoelace knots!  Source: Woman's Day
  • Place a damp paper towel or dishcloth under your cutting board to keep it from sliding around.  I think I first saw Rachel Ray do this years ago on her show 30 minute meals.  
  • Taking the time to organize your kitchen will save you precious time every day!  Everything should have a place and it should always be put back in the same place.  In my kitchen I could find just about any of my staples (flour, sugar, vanilla extract, spatula, etc.) with my eyes closed.  I took the time to organize every space and I cannot tell you the time it has saved me while cooking. It doesn't have to be done in one day. Devoting a little time each day to creating an organized kitchen will save you so much time and energy every day. Go ahead and start today, I promise that you will be a more efficient and happy cook!



No comments:

Post a Comment